About study programme
The Philosophical Faculty of the University of Hradec Králové offers a PhD Degree which may be pursued in full-time study. The PhD programme is designed for students who have obtained a Master´s Degree in Philosophy and related study disciplines.
Basic information about the filed of study
Study programme: Philosophy
Study field: Philosophy
Study duration: 4 years
Tuition language: English
Daily/ Full-time study
Type of study: PhD
Tuition start: Every September/ February
Tuition fees: € 1 500,- per semester, i.e. € 3 000,- per academic year.
What are Philosophy studies about?
The PhD study in Philosophy aims to provide a high-quality education and research training in the field of contemporary philosophy, with special focus on the philosophy of social sciences. The PhD study is designed for students with a Master´s Degree in Philosophy or related disciplines.
The graduates will be professionally and also linguistically fully prepared for independent scientific research and teaching, for work in public institutions, media, non-governmental organizations.
!!! Financial terms for studying in the English doctoral programme Philosophy
A privately paying PhD student pays € 3,000 per year, which may be divided into a maximum of two instalments (the first instalment of at least € 1,500 to be paid by the end of November, the other instalment to be paid by the end of March at the latest).
Under certain conditions it is possible to gain entitlement to a monthly scholarship of € 430.
These conditions are as follows:
- For the first study term: the applicant must be accepted and enrolled in a study programme and the Branch Board must assess the PhD thesis project as the best or second best from all approved projects (only 2 applicants every year gain a scholarship).
- For the second study term: by the end of January of the respective academic year at the latest, the PhD student must submit his or her individual study plan (ISP), comprising the time schedule of the performance of examinations, credits and publication activity.
- For each further study term: It is necessary for the PhD student to comply with his or her own ISP. This compliance is regularly monitored by the Branch Board.
- An essential condition for maintaining the scholarship is also activity in favour of the parent department and faculty (e.g. participation in conferences, teaching etc.).
For more information contact the coordinator of PhD studies in Philosophy:
Mgr. Martin Paleček, Ph.D.
Department of Philosophy and Social Science
The documents to be attached to the application:
- an attested copy of the certificate/diploma nostrification (in exceptional cases on the date of study enrolment at the latest). More about the recognition of certificates and diplomas HERE.
- a structured CV
- at least 2 references/recommendations from the university of graduation
- a research project proposal at the extent of approx. 4-5 standard pages – the project must include - the specification of the topic and objectives of the work, the theoretical frame, methods of elaboration and the list of related literature
- a confirmation of language proficiency (certificates etc.) and of prospective publication activity
Deadline for application: October 31, 2018 for start in summer term (starts in February 2019), April 30, 2019 for start in winter term (starts in September 2019)
The application with the required attachments must be sent electronically to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nabídka sekce: Uchazeč